SW Electricians are experts in providing Electrical Safety inspections and certification for both commercial and domestic purposes in London.
Our team are fully qualified to carry out a wide range of electrical testing and are fully qualified and insured.
If you are a landlord, business owner or building manager looking for any type of electrical safety report or inspection we are here to help.
Our company operates under a strict set of guidelines that ensure customer satisfaction and service quality.
Alongside our general and emergency electrician service,we also offer smart home services and all types of domestic and commercial rewiring services.
Alexander Madden - CHAIRMAN
We have over 20 years experience in working with landlords and business owners keeping their buildings safe.
All of our electricians are fully certified by NICEIC. All of our work is adheres to BS 7671 Wiring and Part P Building regulations.
Our pricing structure is transparent and affordable. We offering great value for money.
All of our safety certificates and inspections meet the most up to date regulations and our installations come with certificate of works.
We're proud to have the following accreditation:
Regulates the training and work of electrical enterprises in the UK
Why landlord need electrical certificates in London ?
If you are a landlord you have a responsibility to ensure that all electrical installations and appliances within your home are safe each time a new tenancy begins, and remain proper working order throughout the lifetime of tenancy.
In practice, this means regular inspection and certification of electrical installations with the house or flat which is let. At SW Electricians we can provide landlords with a range of services to ensure that all electricals in your lettings property are safe and secure for your tenants.
An electrical installation includes all electrical equipment that is supplied through your property’s electricity mains. Just like other features of your property, electrical installations deteriorate and face wear and tear, so need to be properly maintained.
Failure to do so can lead to prosecution or fines and will invalidate most landlord insurance policies. For the safety of your tenants and your business, it is vital to get electrical safety certification on a regular basis.
Commercial EICR certificate & testing.
If you own or manage a commercial property such as an office, shop or warehouse, it's vital that you ensure that a schedule of periodic testing of your electrical installations. A commercial electrical inspection condition report provides an assessment of the condition of any commercial electrical installation against the most current condition of BS671.
When undertaking a commercial electrical installation condition report, our electricians will test all of the lighting and circuits within the building, ensuring that they are safe for you, your staff and your visitors.
- Experienced & vetted tradesmen
- 24 hour availability
- Dedicated Service Support Manager
- SW Electricians Guarantee on workmanship
- Peace of mind from trade accreditation
Request an estimate form to view availability and make an appointment
A fully-equipped professional will pay your London property a visit
Enjoy a safe home that meets all electrical & building regulations in the UK
Electrical inspection condition report questions and answers
What takes place during an electrical safety inspection?
- How adequate is the earthing and bonding.
- The suitability of the switchgear and controlgear.
- How serviceable is the equipment.
- The type of wiring, and it’s condition.
- The provision of RCD's for socket-outlets and their condition.
- Checking for the presence of adequate identification and notices.
- Checking the extent of any wear and tear, damage or other deterioration.
- Whether there have been any changes in use of the building which have to led to, or might lead to, deficiencies in the installation.
At the end of the inspection, the condition report will be given to you. This report will record the installation as ‘satisfactory’ or unsatisfactory. In instances where the EICR records the condition as unsatisfactory, refer to the ‘observations’ area of the report. This part of the report covers where your installations are not found to be satisfactory and is recorded next to a code.
How often do i need an EICR?
- For businesses once every five years.
- For buy-to-let or rented property – every five years or when new tenants enter the property.
- For homeowners – every 10 years. If the property has a swimming pool, this should be tested once every year.
How much is an electrical safety certificate?
- Landlord Electrical Report (EICR) (1 Bed) £90.
- Landlord Electrical Report (EICR) (2 Bed) £110.
- Landlord Electrical Report (EICR) (3 Bed) £130.
- Landlord Electrical Report (EICR) (4 Bed) £150.
- Commercial EICR (please contact via phone or email).
Emergency lighting inspection testing in London
Emergency lighting is vital to your commercial building. Designed to ensure that anyone within the building can evacuate safely should the main lighting fail, it’s required to operate fully automatically and give off an illumination of a high enough level to enable all occupants to safely get out of the premises.
As part of health and safety protocol, in particular, Fire Precautions Risk Assessment, employers are required to carry out Periodic Inspection and Testing of their emergency lighting in accordance with the requirements of BS 5266.
Emergency lighting is comprised of three parts which are:
- Emergency escape lighting – This provides illumination to light the way out for people leaving a building, so that they can leave safely, identifying any hazards in their way.
- Standby lighting – This is to provide normal standard lighting should the main lighting power fail.
- Escape route lighting – Lighting which clearly identifies the means of safe exit.
All emergency lighting systems are legally required to be maintained, tested and inspected at regular intervals.
At SW Electricians, we can assist you to ensure that your emergency lighting systems are safe, and well maintained. We can offer service plans which include regular testing, identification of faults, and quick remedial action.
Do you need help?
020 396 944 88
What other services can you provide?
Some of our most popular service listed below, if you can't find what you need below, please contact us
- House Rewiring
- Smoke and Fire Alarms
- Fitting New Lights
- Additional Sockets Installation
- Partial or full Kitchen wiring
- Cooker points
- Switchers and Dimmers
- Consumer Units / Fuse boxes
- Garden Lighting
- Outdoor Lighting / Sockets
- Domestic rewiring
- Landlord Electrical Certificates
- Door Entry Systems
- Smart home installation
- Commercial rewiring
- Electrical inspection
- Car charging points
- Ambient lighting
- Sound system installation
Do you cover South West London?
Yes, we cover all areas of South West London including the boroughs of:
- Kingston upon Thames
- Richmond upon Thames
Do you cover West London?
Yes, we cover the following boroughs: